Luke 9:23 – Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Combat : I’m at war today. I keep being surprised and disappointed because I’m thinking like a civilian.
- Belt of Truth: What does God say not what do I feel.
- Breastplate of Righteousness:
- I stand in Christ’s grace not my efforts.
- I will avoid the “thin ice” (staying away from temptation).
- Shoes of Peace:
- Quick to forgive and clear up relationships
- Ready to share the gospel
- Shield of Faith: God will not rip me off. He intends me good. I can trust him.
- Helmet of Salvation: I belong to Christ.
- Sword of the Spirit: What verses apply to this situation?
- Pray in the Spirit: ask His help and listen to His leading
Rejoice: I will approach today with an upbeat attitude because…
Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Time doesn’t just march on automatically. God has determined the days of history and the number of our days. So if we wake up to another day it’s because God has a purpose for this new day and we are alive because we have an important role to play in this new day. So let us rejoice and be glad in this new day.
Opportunities: I will approach today in a serious manner. It is full of both opportunities and dangers.
Ephesians 5:15-16 – Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Sin: I confess my sin. Review the past 24 hours and ask the Holy Spirit to bring sin to mind.
1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Servant: I will lower my personal expectations to fit my position. Luke 17:7-10
- Approval (I can expect not to be thanked.)
- Rights (I can expect life to feel unfair. I am unworthy to even be God’s servant.)
- Comfort (I can expect discomfort. “Now you sit down and eat.”)
- Work (I can expect to work hard today. “Done everything you were told to do.”)